The right financial advisor plays a vital role in helping you understand what you can control while providing the expertise, perspective, and encouragement to keep you focused on your destination.
Many Investors believe that there may be a way to predict when to buy and sell securities.
Fama looks back on his career and the contrasting response he’s had to his work from the academic community and from Wall Street: Of course Fama is most famous for the Efficient Market Hypothesis. It’s not surprising that so many people who work in the industry take objection to the EMH. Think about it; if it’s true, which I believe it largely is, it means that the vast majority of investment professionals add no discernible value.
Summit Portfolio Management follows the ideals and Nobel prize winning research of Eugene Fama and Kenneth French to engineer portfolios based in financial science. This type of investing does not chase performance or try to predict the future. We create globally diversified, properly allocated portfolios that emphasize low cost investments across a broad range of markets.
A remarkable 54-minute film featuring some of the world's top economists and academics and demonstrating:
- how the claims of active fund managers to be able to beat the market are largely a myth
- how costs are the biggest drag on performance - and why active costs more
- how passive investing offers the best experience for the vast majority of investors
- the benefits of a diversified portfolio in guaranteeing consistent returns
- why passive investing is better for your health
- why active investing has held sway for so many years....
- ... but why things may be changing
- and why passive is the rational, mathematically proven route to investing success.
More Articles ...
- Dimensional's Flexible Trading Approach
- The Value of Advice (Part I)
- The Value of Advice (Part II)
- The Value of Advice (Part III)